Healing & Hope is unique among Washington events. Dozens of individuals impacted by youth violence and the justice system join with attorneys, legislators, advocates, business leaders and supporters creating a diverse audience that comes together to celebrate and honor those with direct experience with youth sentencing. These impacted individuals attend free of charge, in part because of generous sponsorship from leading businesses and law firms. This year’s Healing and Hope celebration will take place on November 13, 2018 at Jones Day in Washington, DC. See below for ticketing, honoree and sponsorship information.
About the 2018 Honorees
2018 Sponsorship Information
Interested in sponsoring? Contact Erica Evans at 202-202-289-4677 ext. 124, email@example.com
- $40,000 | Healing & Hope Director’s Circle Members of the Director’s Circle support CFSY initiatives including the expanded reach of the Incarcerated Children’s Advocacy Network (ICAN). Their investment will go toward a full-time staff position for an ICAN member or other directly impacted person. The members of the Director’s Circle are recognized via a dedicated poster displayed prominently at the event, from the dais, prominently on the scrolling slideshow, and with a full page acknowledgement in the event program. They will have their logo printed on the back cover of the program along with other Director’s Circle members, and receive up to 40 event tickets.
- $25,000 | Healing & Hope Society Members enable major CFSY initiatives. $25,000 allows our advocacy team and members of ICAN to educate policymakers and seek a ban on life sentences for children in priority states. Members of this Society are recognized via a dedicated poster displayed prominently at the event, from the dais, prominently on the scrolling slideshow, with a full page acknowledgement in the event program, and receive up to 25 event tickets.
- $15,000 | Leader Leaders sponsor 15 ICAN members to attend a training focused on self-care and leadership skills. Leaders are recognized with a dedicated poster displayed prominently at the event, from the dais, on the scrolling slideshow, with a half-page acknowledgement in the event program, and receive up to 15 event tickets.
- $10,000 | Crusader Crusaders sponsor ten individuals directly impacted by youth violence, such as formerly incarcerated youth and victims’ families, to attend our annual National Convening in Washington, DC, where they will hone advocacy skills and inform the CFSY’s reform strategies. These sponsored guests will also attend Healing & Hope. Crusaders are recognized in a scrolling slideshow, in the printed program, and receive up to 10 event tickets.
- $7,500 | Advocate Advocates support the cost of sending members of our legislative team and ICAN to meet with a state coalition to educate them on the status of youth sentencing in their state and what needs to be done to reform it. Advocates are recognized in the scrolling slideshow, in the printed program, and receive up to 5 event tickets.
- $5,000 | Defender Defenders enable five members of ICAN to educate key decision-makers such as parole board members, judges, or policymakers about why youth should never be sentenced to life in prison without parole. Defenders are recognized in the scrolling slideshow, in the printed program, and receive up to 5 event tickets.
- $2,500 | Champion Champions support the costs of CFSY’s recruitment of pro bono attorneys to represent individuals who otherwise would not have robust legal counsel. Champions are recognized in the scrolling slideshow and receive 3 event tickets.
- $1,500 | Supporter Supporters provide CFSY with the resources to identify former juvenile lifers, and give them information about ICAN and ways to engage with CFSY. Additionally, donations at this level will fund a storytelling media project focusing on the experiences of the directly impacted. Supporters are recognized in the scrolling slideshow and receive 2 event tickets. This sponsorship is not available to corporations or law firms.
- $300 | Nonprofit Sponsorship Nonprofit partners support CFSY mailings to the nearly 1,500 individuals serving life-without-parole sentences and enable the CFSY to respond to 100% of mail received from prisons across the country. Nonprofit sponsors receive 1 event ticket.
- Healing & Hope Society
- Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Friends at Work
- Greenberg Traurig LLP
- Mary Lou Hartman & Cliff Sloan
- Hogan Lovells
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Melinda & Paul Pressler
- Wendy Smith & Barry Meyer
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Christine & Michael Puzo
- Jonathan & Joy Alferness
- Maya Ajmera & David Hollander
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- David Leiter & Tamera Luzzatto
- Lankler Siffert & Wohl LLP
- Catherine & Scott Marquardt
- Michele Mayes
- The Selective Foundation
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Creed & Gowdy
- Patricia & Steve Morgan
- Turtle Bay Group
- The Batterton & Kerin Family
- Bernardine Dohrn
- Charley Mills
- Josh Toll
- Center for Children’s Law and Policy
- Ella Baker Center for Human Rights
- Youth Sentencing & Reentry Project
2018 Host Committee
Joy Alferness, Wendy Atrokhov, Ralph Brazel Jr., Colleen Chapman, George Clarke, Bernardine Dohrn, Angelyn Frazer, Haley Griffin, Susan Hackett, Mary Lou Hartman & Cliff Sloan, Caroline Heller, Gabrielle Kohlmeier, Bart Lubow, Alexandra Mallick, Duke McCall, Rebecca Miliken, Sheldon Noel, Josh Toll
Healing & Hope 2017
On November 7, 2017 we held our annual Healing & Hope celebration in Washington, DC. The event featured an awards ceremony honoring champions of our cause, advocates and supporters, while benefiting the Campaign for the Fair Sentencing of Youth.
Throughout the evening we had the opportunity to celebrate our successes and re-energize ourselves for the work still ahead in ending life without parole sentences for children.
With dozens of ICAN members in the room, we challenged our guests to raise an additional $25,000 to facilitate our hiring another ICAN member to our team in 2018. We are thrilled to report that the crowd met our challenge! We are grateful for the support and look forward to deploying these additional funds next year.
Healing & Hope is our opportunity to recognize the hard work and commitment that takes place year round. We could not do this work without you and your support.
We can’t wait to see you at this year’s Healing & Hope!